Saturday 20 April 2013

Hallelujah or not...

After that appointment...

The magic pill were of course short lived, it gave me my hearing back for a couple of months which yippee I could hear music, TV and voices! Thank god!
School became more supportive through that period by giving me extra support and I had signing interpreters put in place. So I could understand my teachers, as some of them are mega hard to understand when just lip reading them.

From that audiology appointment, I had to constantly go back for further hearing tests to make sure that I could still hear. It was beginning to show again that my hearing was dropping again and at first my confidence was too.

My deaf friends who had Cochlear Implants were beginning to help me understand and get my head around the idea of having one. As that could be an option to take.
There were conflicting opinions from people around me on what I should do. My parents of course said go for whatever was best for me!
Whereas other people said to me it wasn't natural to have a Cochlear Implant, my response was 'well would you prevent a person having a hip replacement, because that's not natural' this shut them up.

Around March...

My hearing was beginning to drop again, which gave me the idea of researching all the options that I have laid out in front of me.
1. Going down the pathway of having no hearing and being deaf for the rest of my life. This is ruled out straight away! I was not going to sit around hearing no music, my parents voice, or potentially failing my A Levels.
2. Keep wearing my hearing aids and have very little sound. As I know scientists now conducting research to help restore hearing.
3. Go for the  Cochlear Implant which had be recommended by Audiologist.

Option 2 and 3 were becoming more favourable to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment