Saturday 20 April 2013

THE COCHLEAR IMPLANT

Before Easter...

the outside of a cochlear implant (the processor)

A couple of weeks before Easter I got in touch with an old friend of mine who had their cochlear implant done when they were a similar age to me. We went out for a meal, this was an opportunity for me to ask a bunch of questions. It was like an explosion of questions coming out of my gob!

Some were funny such as 'can you stick a fridge magnet to your head?' 
the inside implant linking to the cochlear

The response was no! Much to my brother displeasure! I think he thought if I a Cochlear Implant he could go round with a bunch of fridge magnets and re-invent the pin the tail on the donkey.
I did ask some serious questions as well. By the end of the evening I got most of the answers that I desperately sought.

The next day at school, I would not shut up according to one of my closest friends. Telling almost everyone who spoke to me what I could be going through and relaying all the answers I received.
It was becoming a weight off my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment