Monday 5 August 2013

Counting down to the SWITCH ON!

Counting down the days...

I only have a few more days of being in silence, then I get switched on. Every day get marked with a big cross on my calendar. '7,6,5,4 days....' 
I am more excited for this than my birthday or Christmas to come. I think partly due to the fact it will help me seem a little more 'normal' again; that I can talk to my friends about music which has come out. Although I know its going to be a lot of hard work to get to that stage but it will be worth it!

In some ways I think I am going to miss hearing nothing, the benefits of not hearing my siblings squabble or having to hear really loud noises, for example thunder the other day.
I am really excited to hear little things such as Rice Crispy going 'snap, crackle and pop' or the squeaky noise of balloons rubbing together as I had never heard these before.
*Note to self, do not put the processors near the balloons as its will wipe the programmes as I have been told. Ha-ha!*
The one sound that I haven't missed is the birds tweeting in the morning, this has always annoyed me every time I had my hearing aids reprogrammed to allow me to hear again; but with hoping I am wishing that I will like them, as its tough luck.

I have the Teacher for the Deaf from Nottingham, along with my own Teacher of the Deaf, coming to see me this week with the equipment for the Cochlear Implants. I am dead excited to see all the bits a pieces and have a play about with them. I know my family are as wired up as I am about this!

So in the mean time, I am busy with University research of planning which open days to attend and courses etc. to keep my mind off the SWITCH ON.
Eeekk, I am looking forward to it, despite this, I must keep my expectations low as I know its not a quick fix.

Roll on Friday 9th of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment